Students of the Global Governance and Human Security program from University of Massachusetts Boston learn the structures of international governance and build management expertise for global policy challenges such as human security, environmental policies including climate change, health policies, and gender equity.
- a solid theoretical foundation in the concepts of global governance and human security, and in the range of actors, systems, and patterns that compose our increasingly dynamic global system
- the ability to identify, assess, and address current and emerging human security issues in their geopolitical and governance contexts
- advanced academic skills in interdisciplinary research methods and design, across a variety of methodologies
Careers & Skills
This interdisciplinary master's program prepares scholars and analysts to provide intellectual leadership working in international organizations, nongovernment agencies, the media, national governments, think tanks, and the private sector. It is also a good foundation for further academic study in related fields including international law, international business, and the social sciences.
- Global Governance
- International Relations Research Methods
- Gender and Human Security
- Theories of International Relations
- Human Security
- International Organization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Terrorism & Security View 190 other Masters in International Development in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Massachusetts Boston and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- When you apply online, you must submit official transcripts from each college or university you attended, even if you were not awarded a degree.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic abilities.
- You'll also need to submit your résumé/curriculum vitae.
- Each application requires a non-refundable fee of $75.
- Statement of Purpose: In 1,500 words, provide a statement describing your research and career interests and explaining why you are interested in an interdisciplinary MA program in Global Governance and Human Security.
International36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
National36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State18894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9447 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.