Economics from The Chinese University of Hong Kong is suitable for those who wish to pursue further studies in economics and related disciplines or seek professional positions in private and public sectors that require solid knowledge in economics and analytical skills.
The career prospects of our graduates are excellent. With their specialized understanding of economic science and quantitative skills, they are amongst the most desired employees in the job market, particularly in the banking and finance sector. Our recent graduates have accepted positions as bank management trainees, investment banking executives, finance analysts and securities traders. Others have been offered positions in accounting, real estate and marketing sectors. Some of the highlights are as follows:
- Monetary Economics
- Financial Economics
- International Trade
- International Finance
- Development Economics
- Labour Economics
- Industrial Organization
- Corporate Finance
- Health Economics
- China Fiscal & Monetary Policy
- Special Topics in Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 47 other Masters in Finance in Hong Kong (SAR)
- have graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class or with an average grade of not lower than “B”;
- obtain a degree from a university in Hong Kong or taken a degree programme of which the medium of instruction was English or
- possess a pass grade in English
- achieve Level 4 or above in the English Language subject of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination; or
- obtain a recognized professional qualification, provided that the examination was conducted in English; or
- provide favourable recommendations from academic referees.
- Official Transcripts (with a complete record of courses attended and examination results) and grading scheme of all tertiary level studies*
- A copy of Degree Certificates (if applicable)
- A copy of Identity Card or Passport
International29951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29951 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National29951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29951 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
HK$235,000 for the entire programme
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.