Clinical Gerontology and End-of-Life Care from The Chinese University of Hong Kong covers a wide range of topics in biological, social, biological and clinical gerontology. It also covers service models for older people and palliative care, and ethical principles in elderly and end-of-life care. The optional programme in clinical gerontology will cover epidemiology, research methodology and clinical topics in geriatric medicine while the optional programme in end of life care will cover symptom control and medical care of people at end of life. The project and case studies will train the students in the application of knowledge and in the planning and execution of scientific enquiry or service improvement.
Students at Clinical Gerontology and End-of-Life Care from The Chinese University of Hong Kong will:
- Be able to participate care and conduct multidisciplinary care discussions
- Be able to plan health services research or evaluation of services and data analysis
- Demography, Sociology, Social Work and Health Economics and Psychology of ageing
- Biology of Ageing & Concept of Successful Ageing and Measurement
- Service Models for Ageing & Population
- Ethical Principles and Dilemmas in End of Life Care
- Epidemiology and Research Methodology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 43 other Masters in Human Medicine in Hong Kong (SAR)
- Students should hold a Bachelor’s degree in health or social sciences from a recognized university, normally with honours not lower than second class, or completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to our honours degree.
- They must also fulfill the ‘English Language Proficiency Requirement’ as stipulated by the Graduate School before being considered for admission.
International19117 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19117 USD per year during 12 months.
National19117 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19117 USD per year during 12 months.
- Full time HK$150,000 per annum
- Part time HK$75,000 per annum
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.