Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism from The Chinese University of Hong Kong will have an in-depth understanding of scientific principles underlying regulation of the endocrine system and maintenance of homeostasis including energy metabolism and effective use of currently available diagnostic and assessment tools as well as therapeutic options in the management of diabetes, obesity, metabolic and endocrine diseases.
Students at Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism from The Chinese University of Hong Kong will gain knowledge in:
- importance of psychological, cognitive and behavioral aspects in the development and management of these chronic diseases
- importance of care organization and continuous quality improvement with particular emphasis on practice of evidence-based medicine and patient education using a holistic and multidisciplinary approach
- latest advances and controversies in both clinical and basic research programmes in the field of endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism and their relevance to clinical practice
- critical appraisal of published data and articles in the field of diabetes, endocrinology and metabolism
- conceptualization, design and implementation of clinical research programmes with effective data analysis, interpretation and publication
- Management of diabetes and pregnancy including gestational diabetes
- Dyslipidaemia and hypertension
- Childhood diabetes
- Cardiovascular complications of diabetes
- Renal complications of diabetes
- Therapeutics diabetes education
- Diabetes in-patient care and special situations
- Practical aspects of insulin treatment
- Diabetes self management
- Quality diabetes care
- Weight Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until all places have been filled.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 27 other Masters in Public Health in Hong Kong (SAR)
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
- English Proficiency
International9180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18360 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National9180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18360 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Programme Fee (entire programme): HKD144,060 (HKD72,030 per year for two years)
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.