Successful completion of the master makes you a renewable energy engineer with a fundamental understanding of the technologies and techniques in the energy sector and rewards you with a Master of Science degree. This is a master’s programme for technicians.
Completing the European Master in Renewable Energy from Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen gives you a technical and systems perspective of energy transition challenges with a focus on renewables. You will be able to design, test, and implement new technologies with a systemic and interdisciplinary approach, making you essential to the whole energy industry.
- During the core semester, you acquire a solid foundation in the technical and engineering aspects related to innovative energy system design and implementation and their various related interdisciplinary aspects. Theoretical courses which also examine the socioeconomic issues surrounding the deployment of these technologies are supported by laboratory workshops. The studies for the core can be done in French, English or Spanish.
- In the second semester you specialise in a chosen technology at a different university. The specialisations are taught in English.
- The third and last semester you will apply your knowledge and skills in a research project at a company or a research centre. Based on this research you will write your thesis under the supervision of a (core) professor, a professor of the specialisation and a professor from the project provider.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 27 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BSc. Engineering, Mathematics or Physics or equivalent with appropriate work experience
International6816 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6816 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.