Financial Technology from The Chinese University of Hong Kong significantly improves end-users service experience, making the financial industry more inclusive and productive. On the other hand, it imposes a crucial challenge of understanding and analyzing its social benefits and risks economically, technologically, and legally, so as to foster its healthy developments.
Students at Financial Technology from The Chinese University of Hong Kong will:
- have acquired advanced knowledge in technologies such as cyber security, blockchain, data science, AI, etc. for finance and e-commerce, while maintaining a broad understanding of finance and law such as financial markets, financial engineering, regulatory policy, contracts, intellectual property for technologies, etc.
- be able to identify, formulate, and apply their learned knowledge in solving problems in these areas.
- Financial Technology Entrepreneurship
- Data Analytics for Financial Technology
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Financial Technology Project
- Cryptography, Information Security and
- Big Data Systems and Information Processing
- Security & Privacy in Cyber Systems
- Digital Forensics
- Reinforcement Learning
- Information Technology Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until all places have been filled. Therefore, early applications are strongly encouraged.
DisciplinesFinance Informatics & Information Technology General Engineering & Technology View 26 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Chinese University of Hong Kong and/or in Hong Kong (SAR), please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Good knowledge of mathematics (such as calculus, linear algebra and probability) and proficiency in at least one modern programming language (such as C, C++, Java or Python) as shown on academic transcript(s).
- Obtained a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Finance/Business-related discipline from a reputable university or equivalent professional qualifications.
- English Proficiency
International19117 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19117 USD per year during 12 months.
National19117 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19117 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.