Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from The Chinese University of Hong Kong aims to transform the capacities of schools, organizations and communities to promote human well-being and meet current and emerging educational challenges.
Students at Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from The Chinese University of Hong Kong will:
- innovate tools, resources, pedagogies, and best-practice guidelines with an evidence-based approach to improve educational practice
- be responsible and ethical agents of change using their professional, reflective and multicultural competencies.
- The English Language Curriculum
- Phonetics and Phonology for English Language Teaching
- Morphology and Syntax for English Language Teaching
- Spoken and Written Discourse for English Language Teaching
- Psychological and Social Perspectives on Language
- Literature in English
- Special Topics in English Language
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Teaching English View 16 other Masters in Education in Hong Kong (SAR)
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
- English Proficiency
International16059 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16059 USD per year during 12 months.
National16059 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16059 USD per year during 12 months.
- Full time HK$126,000
- Part time HK$120,000
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.