About Sciences of Language at University of MinhoIt is suitable to students interested in working on Portuguese and its different varieties as well as those interested in other languages, from a comparative perspective.The goals of this Program are the following:
- to develop and deepen the knowledge and skills obtained in the 1st cycle of studies in the fundamental fields of General Linguistics and Portuguese Linguistics;
- to promote the study of the nature of language knowledge and its use;
- to provide the students with the skills required for an adequate description of particular linguistic phenomena framing them within the general properties of natural languages;
- to foster original and autonomous work in the field of General or Portuguese linguistics and/or its applications.
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Temas de Linguística Histórica
- Temas de Sintaxe
- Significado e Cognição
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 3 other Masters in Languages in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minho and/or in Portugal, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Pre-Registration procedure
- Fill in the application form
- Learning Agreement for Studies, which needs to be signed and dated by the student and home institution [preferably, the template to be uploaded should be of the Online Learning Agreement (OLA), in case it is not possible to use this template, alternatively, the use of the template made available by UMinho or Home Institution is accepted] (pdf format)
- Copy of ID card/Passport (pdf format)
- Home Transcript of Records (pdf format)
- Photo (jpeg format; max. 45kb)
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Braga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.