- The application of advanced mathematics and physics to astronomy and astrophysics.
- Use of the sky as a astrophysics laboratory.
- Accumulating knowledge about up-to-date computer software and hardware and using them as tools of astronomy and astrophysics.
- Being able to identify telescopes and their systems.
The Astronomy and Astrophysics programme at Istanbul University plans to help students gain:
- Detailed recognition of the space and the celestial objects.
- The use of mathematics, physics, computer and information technologies and software in the Astronomy and Space Sciences field.
- The knowledge and application of mathematics, physics and professional computer sciences.
- To make the best decision via data gathering and to utilize the best solution when encountering a problem.
- Harmonious group studying, to be open minded, to be able to adapt to changes quickly, analytical thinking, to be able to do three dimensional modeling, to determine potentials and to manage them everywhere, to make use of new information and technologies, to be open to continuous learning.
- Advanced Astrophysics
- Compact Objects
- Multi-messenger Astrophysics
- Scientific Research Techniques And Publication Ethics
- Statistical Methods In Astrophysics And R Applications
- Accretion Phenomena In Astrophysics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- According to the regulation of İstanbul University Graduate Education, ALES or equivalent exam score, foreign language examination score, graduate GPA and interview results, should not be below the minimum determined by the University Senate.
International118 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 118 EUR per year during 12 months.
National118 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 118 EUR per year during 12 months.
- 2,200 TRY per year
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.