The 42-credit program in Health Equity from Boston University can be completed in 24 months. Students will build expertise and skills to find evidence-based, sustainable solutions to the health problems affecting their communities, and to engage in practices of improving the health of populations and eliminating inequities.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
Evidence-Based Approaches to Public Health
- Apply epidemiological methods to the breadth of settings and situations in public health practice.
- Select quantitative and qualitative data collection methods appropriate for a given public health context.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data using biostatistics, informatics, computer-based programming, and software, as appropriate.
- Interpret results of data analysis for public health research, policy, or practice.
Public Health & Healthcare Systems
- Compare the organization, structure, and function of healthcare, public health, and regulatory systems across national and international settings.
- Discuss the means by which structural bias, social inequities, and racism undermine health and create challenges to achieving health equity at organizational, community, and systemic levels.
Planning & Management to Promote Health
- Assess population needs, assets, and capacities that affect communities’ health.
- Apply awareness of cultural values and practices to the design, implementation, or critique of public health policies or programs.
- Design a population-based policy, program, project, or intervention.
- Explain basic principles and tools of budget and resource management.
- Select methods to evaluate public health programs.
- Data, Determinants, and Decision-Making for Health Equity
- Policy, Programs and Public Health Communication
- Applied Methods in Population Health Science
- Public Health Policy, Advocacy, and Community Organizing
- Applied Public Health Practice
- Integrative Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Policy Leadership View 336 other Masters in Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years full-time work experience
- GRE is NOT required and standardized test scores will NOT be considered as part of your application
- International students are required to submit English language proficiency exam
- Two letters of recommendation
- CV or resume
- Short essay admissions questions
- Students apply through SOPHAS platform
International24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 USD per year during 24 months.
National24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.