At a time when professionals with plant-based chemistry specializations are in high demand, this student-centric, non-thesis program offers participants the opportunity to devise an individualized course plan that will enable them to obtain the knowledge and skills they desire to excel in careers of modern, plant-based chemical industries.
The combination of convenient online programming in science and business, as well as optional on-site laboratory courses, will poise graduates to take on a wide range of leadership and entrepreneurial roles in the private sector, such as pharmaceuticals (e.g., medicinal cannabis), fragrances, and cosmetics.
Program Learning Outcomes
By the end of this Medicinal Plant Chemistry program from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, students will be able to:
- Integrate fundamental, functional, and applied knowledge of plant-based medicinal compounds in their role as a professional scientist.
- Demonstrate expertise in modern techniques for natural product isolation, characterization, and analysis.
- Foster leadership and interpersonal skills required to excel in a diverse life science company.
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Drugs in the Brain
- Plant Natural Products
- Natural Product Isolation and Analysis
- Drug Regulations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Chemistry Biochemistry View 35 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Worcester Polytechnic Institute and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required. Please invite your recommenders to submit their letters electronically via the online application.
- Application fee of $70
- Statement of Purpose
- Video Interview required for International Students only
International28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 24 months.
National28980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28980 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.