Students will develop solid economic and business skills and have the opportunity to broad their understanding of the agricultural and food sector at international level.
The Master of Sciences (M.Sc.) Programme in International Agribusiness and Rural Development (IARD) is offered by University of Göttingen.
Objectives of the program
- To apply economic and management theory to problems of agribusiness and rural development
- To analyze and understand the decisions made by public and private actors in agriculture and agribusiness
- To develop strategies and solutions to combat hunger, poverty and resource depletion
- To acquire methodological and theoretical skills for scientific analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The core study programme consists of modules covering international agricultural economics, agricultural and rural development policy as well as business administration, management and agribusiness marketing, development economics and rural sociology. As a research-oriented programme, strong emphasis is placed on acquiring methodological research skills in the fields of econometrics, marketing and social sciences. The programme also offers excursions to agribusiness enterprises, international fair trades, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in agricultural sciences, business administration, economics, social sciences, forestry, veterinary sciences, or food and nutrition sciences or other subjects relevant to the postgraduate course. Successful applicants will have a good to excellent grade average.
- Good working knowledge of English Language. The proficiency of applicants in English must be certified with an internationally recognised test.
- Professional experience of at least two years in a field related to the course focus (for DAAD scholarship).
- The last academic degree should preferably not be older than 6 years.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Semester contribution fee: 355 euro
The University of Göttingen and the University of Talca do not offer any scholarship directly; nevertheless there are a limited number of scholarships available through the DAAD for Latin American Applicants. The scholarships applicants must full fill some additional requirements besides:
- At least two years of professional experience.
- The maximum age is 36 years.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarships, please fill out the DAAD formulary and sent it along with your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.