The main objectives of the Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology program from Satbayev University are mastering immerse study of hydrogeology, the laws related to groundwater movement, formation of their chemical composition, methods of field and laboratory hydrogeological research, principles for developing forecasts.
Special attention is paid to methodology of scientific research, ability to formulate and solve modern scientific and practical problems, to successfully carry out research and management activities. The program includes the opportunity to participate in research projects, as well as exchange programs with foreign universities, so that after graduation from the university, you can get an opportunity to develop your scientific career further.
Undergraduates practice in hydrogeological, exploration and mining companies throughout Kazakhstan, as part of a double-diploma training with French universities. Under programs of academic mobility, scientific internships are held at leading overseas universities.
Master graduates work in hydrogeological, exploration and mining companies, research and design institutes, centers. The main tasks of hydrogeologists are searching and exploring underground water reserves, assessment of their volume, industrial significance, technological problems’ solutions on providing potable and industrial waters, engineering-geological and hydrogeological surveys and surveys, soil studies.
- Regional hydrogeology and engineering geology;
- Mineral thermal water deposits in Kazakhstan;
- Ground water exploration;
- Geo-technical Investigation.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management General Engineering & Technology View 27 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Kazakhstan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Contender’s application based on the sample;
- Copies of educational documents with appendices (Bachelor) original;
- Certificate of passing a foreign language test (if any);
- List of scientific and methodological works, copies of certificates, certificates and diplomas (if any);
- Six 3x4 cm photos;
- 075-? form medical certificate, fluorography snapshot (original + copy of 2 pcs.);
- Private personnel record sheet and a copy of the document confirming the employment, notarized or certified by the personnel department (for persons with work experience);
- A copy of the identity card (3 pcs.);
- A copy of pre-conscription certificate or military ID.
International3067 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3067 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3067 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3067 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 1 500 000 KZT
Living costs for Almaty
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.