The primary responsibility of the Program towards its Graduate Students is the provision of an environment in which scholarly attitudes towards teaching and research can develop.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students in the Developmental and Reproductive Biology program at University of Hawaii at Manoa should acquire:
- Knowledge of the process of research, including: familiarity with techniques for searching the literature; principles of measurement; and practical experience in the design and conduct of scientific experiments, collection of data, and interpretation of data sufficient to enable them to interpret current literature, and to embark upon the next (doctoral) level of development as researchers;
- Familiarity with the mechanics of scientific reporting sufficient to enable them to prepare a publication for a scholarly journal;
- Experience with oral presentation of material sufficient to enable them to prepare and deliver reports on their work at seminars or meetings of scientific societies;
- A degree of understanding and scientific maturity sufficient to enable them to assess the work of others;
- An understanding of the administrative procedures common to academic departments.
- Fertilization and Early Development
- Developmental and Reproductive Biology
- Developmental and Reproductive Biology Scientific Investigations
- Applied Reproductive Biology
- Ethics in Biomedical Research
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology View 1248 other Masters in Biology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Hawaii at Manoa and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification pages, or a copy of the national identification card if a passport is not available.
- Submit one transcript or academic record from each institution of higher education attended, including any study abroad or exchange programs, summer programs, and non-degree work and extension programs.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take English Language Proficiency.
- Show proof of sufficient funding to cover all educational and living expenses, including expenses for any accompanying spouse or children.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 48 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Honolulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.