At the successful completion of your studies, you will have the skills to prepare and implement effective occupational, health and safety programs that comply with legislative requirements.
At the successful completion of the University of Newcastle's Graduate Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety, you will be qualified for career opportunities across a range of industries such as mining, manufacturing, government, rural safety and primary industry. You will be equipped with the skills to develop safety campaigns in response to the occupational, health and safety needs of your affiliated organisation.
You will learn to identify and manage occupational health, hygiene and safety hazards in the workplace, address causation and prevention of work-related accidents/incidents, and apply occupational health and safety risk management systems and processes.
Key areas of study include:
- Workplace Health and Safety Law
- Occupational Health
- Occupational Hygiene and Toxicology
- Current Health and Safety Practices
- 12 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Occupational Health and Safety View 243 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Newcastle and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Entry to the Graduate Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety is available to applicants who have:
- Diploma in OHS of 1 year duration or equivalent, plus 2 years relevant work experience; OR
- Advanced Diploma in OHS or equivalent qualification, plus 1 year relevant work experience; OR
- Bachelor or Bachelor Honours Degree; OR
- 3 years significant work experience in WHS as evidenced by CV and references. Applicants will be considered on a case by case basis.
International17950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17950 AUD per year during 12 months.
- National students are Commonwealth Supported.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.