The University of Newcastle’s Graduate Certificate in Midwifery (Re-Entry to Practice) will provide re-entry to practice students with highly developed knowledge and technical skills for safe, evidence-informed midwifery practice with women and their babies in contemporary maternity care settings. Graduates can apply for registration as a midwife with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
You will have the ability to make independent midwifery judgements and to actively engage with other health disciplines, as well as provide quality midwifery services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, and for women with specific ethnic and other diverse needs, and their babies. This program will immerse you in new and emerging trends in theoretical and practical midwifery and maternity care, re-engage students with the profession, and enhance academic development.
- Upon completion, you will have the knowledge and qualifications to practice as a Midwife.
- Prospective career pathways may include clinical midwifery, midwifery management, policy work or research.
The Graduate Certificate in Midwifery (Re-Entry to Practice) will provide you with an advanced knowledge base to continue your career in midwifery practice. Key areas of study include:
- Woman with complex pregnancies
- Woman with complex labours
- Woman with postnatal complexities and/or unwell babies
- Midwifery Professional Experience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Midwifery View 174 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Newcastle and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completion of an AQF level 7 (or higher) Midwifery pre-registration degree; and
- Current or previous registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a midwife but not having practised midwifery for a period of between 5 to 10 years.
- CRICOS Provider 00109J
- National students are Commonwealth Supported.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.