At Political Science - Comparative and Middle East Politics and Society (University of Tubingen) from The American University in Cairo students are required to be enrolled full time, and the third semester of study takes place in the partner institution.
Students at Political Science - Comparative and Middle East Politics and Society (University of Tubingen) from The American University in Cairo will:
- be properly equipped to join leading positions in international organizations, the private sector, public service, and to pursue academic careers in leading universities.
- benefit from robust academic training in the classroom as well as a host of events and activities that gives them the skills and exposure needed to pursue diverse career options.
- Comparative Theory
- Comparative Politics of the Middle East
- Regime Change and Democratization
- Development Politics and International Cooperation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.