Mechatronics is the combination of electrical engineering, computer science and mechanical engineering and focuses on automation, sensors, data acquisition and analysis, actuators and control.
The course is offered within the mechanical- and electrical engineering department and is organized in close relationship with computer science. The main aim of the course is to bring the three disciplines together in order to solve real-world problems in robotics and mechatronics.
There is an emphasis on machine learning, computer engineering, computer vision, system dynamics and control. A variety of topical courses are on offer, including Linear Dynamical Systems, Data Mining and Machine Learning, Computer Vision Applications in addition to recommending various courses in from Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering.
Integrated Project: Mechatronics Engineering
Our Electrical Engineering - Mechatronics Engineering graduate students at Reykjavík University are required to take the course Integrated Project, an interdisciplinary design course, focused on the design and implementation of a complex engineering system.
- Examples on previous course projects include:
- Autonomous Submarine
- Robot monitoring the temperature of molten aluminum containers
- Prosthetic leg testing robot
- Buoy broadcasting whale sounds
- A single stage rocket, driven by solid fuel.
- Precision Machine Design
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Linear Dynamical Systems
- Computer Vision Applications
- Computer Networks
- Applied Probability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Mechatronics View 6 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Iceland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission requirement is an undergraduate study in electrical engineering or related disciplines.
- Upon graduation, students should fulfil all requirements of the Ministry of Industries and the Icelandic Association of Engineers to obtain the professional title of Engineer. Therefore, students must have completed a prescribed set of engineering foundation and science courses.
- Assistance is provided to students that need to increase the scope of their previous studies, in order to adhere to the recommendations above.
International7300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3650 USD per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA5752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2876 USD per semester during 24 months.
- EU/EEA fee / per semester: ISK 394,000
- Non-EU/EEA fee / per semester: ISK 500,000
Living costs for Reykjavik
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.