To this end, the Central and East European, Russian and Eurasian Studies programme from Jagiellonian University is structured to offer a wide variety of options for advanced study of the region’s shared Communist past and the ways in which this has shaped – and continues to shape – the dynamics of post-Communist and post-Cold War transformation. The geographical area to be treated by this programme, therefore, spans across the wider post-Communist world, in a region that encompasses Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and the newly independent states of the Caucasus and Central Asia.
Who is this program for?
This programme is suitable for students seeking comprehensive training as experts in the contemporary challenges and realities facing Central and Eastern Europe and its neighbours. Intensive foreign language training is also an integral part of the curriculum. Students wishing to study Polish, Russian, German or French are highly encouraged to join CES.
- EU Institutions and Decision-Making Process: The Political System of the EU
- EU Institutions and Decision-Making Process: Policy Practice in the EU
- EU Foreign and Security Policy: Europe, NATO and Transatlantic Security
- Citizenship, Migration, Multiculturalism in Europe: Theories and Processes
- Citizenship, Migration, Multiculturalism in Europe: From Concepts to Practices
- Political and Social History of 20th Century CEE
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Scholarship applications will close on 28 January 2022.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies European Studies Political Science View 19 other Masters in Political Science in Poland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Jagiellonian University and/or in Poland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in a relevant social science or humanities subject. Applicants from other subject backgrounds, however, will be considered.
International15650 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15650 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA7672 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7672 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kraków
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.