Our students gain strong engineering and problem solving skills, and get to know all aspects of the engineering design process, from conception and development through operation and implementation. One of our key focus points is that the students develop strong team-working skills.
Specialization in Electrical Engineering at Reykjavík University is designed to prepare students for careers in electric power industry, including power generation, the design of electrical power systems and components, their operation and maintenance. Electric power engineers are employed by the power system operators, power system service providers, consulting engineering firms, aluminum industry and other large energy consumers.
- Partial differential equations
- Advanced circuit design
- Theory of computation
- Measurements and stochastic variables
- Linear dynamical systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 5 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Iceland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Reykjavík University and/or in Iceland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission requirement is an undergraduate study in electrical engineering or related disciplines.
- Upon graduation, students should fulfil all requirements of the Ministry of Industries and the Icelandic Association of Engineers to obtain the professional title of Engineer. Therefore, students must have completed a prescribed set of engineering foundation and science courses.
- Assistance is provided to students that need to increase the scope of their previous studies, in order to adhere to the recommendations above.
International7300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3650 USD per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA5752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2876 USD per semester during 24 months.
- EU/EEA fee / per semester: ISK 394,000
- Non-EU/EEA fee / per semester: ISK 500,000
Living costs for Reykjavik
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.