The field of financial engineering is young, and is growing by leaps and bounds each year. This graduate programme is designed for leading employees of both financial institutions and corporations where a deep understanding of financial markets is critical.
Students will be placed in an intensive and interdisciplinary environment where the financial knowledge, engineering methods, mathematical and statistical tools, communication skills, and programming are brought together and put to use.
The Department of Engineering's Financial Engineering programme at Reykjavík University was designed in close collaboration with the Sloan School of Management and the Operations Research Centre at MIT.
Our programme aims to produce high-calibre practitioners and researchers who will be able to apply quantitative methods with informed heuristics to develop new and profitable financial solutions that will impact the way consumers and corporations manage financial market risks. As a part of the programme the students have the option to and are encouraged to acquire hands-on experience, working on practical problems in finance as part of the curriculum.
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Applied Probability
- Financial Engineering in the Firm
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Fixed Income and Interest Rate Modelling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 9 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Iceland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, mathematics or physics is required.
- The respective undergraduate degree must include courses on calculus, linear algebra, probability, statistics, and programming.
- Applicants must possess a basic knowledge of stocks, fixed income instruments, and derivatives.
- Applicants must have experience programming in MATLAB, C++ and/or programming languages.
International7300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3650 USD per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA5752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2876 USD per semester during 24 months.
- EU/EEA fee / per semester: ISK 394,000
- Non-EU/EEA fee / per semester: ISK 500,000
Living costs for Reykjavik
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.