Coursework in Learning Technologies from University of Minnesota includes hands-on learning and use of current technologies, development of technological solutions, consideration of theory and research, and conducting educational research.
The MA in Learning Technologies is designed for students interested in a stronger research orientation compared to those who pursue the MEd degree in Learning Technologies. Students complete a thesis (plan A) or a final paper (plan B). View the required courses in the graduate catalog under subplan “Learning Technologies.”
MA graduates engage in advanced media and software design and development, lead K-12 technology integration initiatives, and work as researchers. MA students often apply to PhD programs.
- Foundations of Research in Curriculum and Instruction
- Thesis Credits: Master's
- Contemporary Approaches to Curriculum: Instruction and Assessment
- Directed Study: Learning Technologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Plan A: 34 credits
Plan B: 30 credits
DisciplinesEducation Informatics & Information Technology Teaching View 3578 other Masters in Education in United States
- Unofficial transcripts. Upload your transcripts into the application system. Please include all transcripts from any institution you have attended, even if you did not earn a degree or certificate. Please do not mail your transcripts. Official transcripts are required only after you are admitted.
- CI Application Form. Upload in the graduate program additional materials section.
- Three letters of recommendation. Ask professors, employers, or supervisors to speak to your potential for successfully completing your degree; they will upload their letters directly into the online application.
- Personal statement
- Diversity statement
- Short writing sample
- Common Ground Consortium Fellowship. (Optional)
International15960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15960 USD per year during 24 months.
National15960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15960 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10908 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10908 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.