The Biomedical Laboratory Science degree plan from University of Minnesota would prepare candidates for specialty certifications in the field such as Molecular Biology or Microbiology. The master’s degree plan reflects the interdisciplinary nature of laboratory practice and research with an emphasis on critical reasoning and innovative approaches to laboratory operations, leadership, research, and evidence-based practice as well as laboratory method development and validation.
Enrollment in the Master of Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science degree program can be full- or part-time, but must follow a sequence of courses based on course prerequisites.
Admission to the Master of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences Program is competitive. All applications are reviewed to ensure the potential for academic success. Notification of admissions decisions is made within four to six weeks of the application deadline.
- Fundamentals of Molecular Diagnostics
- Advanced Concepts in Medical Laboratory Science
- Diagnostic Molecular Science
- Integrated Concepts in Medical Laboratory Science
- Financial Management for the Professional Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
30 to 33 credits
DisciplinesMicrobiology Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 11 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minnesota and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A BS or BA degree in MLS or a related field (e.g. Biology)
- MT(ASCP) or current MLSCM certification from ASCP
- Categorical certification by ASCP will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- ASCP Categorical certification may have additional requirements
- International students may have alternate options for ASCP certification
- Minimum of two year’s full-time work experience in a clinical or reference laboratory
- Minimum GPA for consideration is 3.0; preferred GPA is 3.2 or higher
- International applicants must submit score(s) from one of the following tests:
- TOEFL – Test of English as Foreign Language (preferred)
- MELAB – Michigan English Language Assessment Battery
International22170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 739 USD per credit during 12 months.
National22170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 739 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.