About the programme
The Applied Biosciences programme from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University aims to:
- Provide courses of study which meet the standards of TSU Quality Assurance Office and the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement;
- Produce qualified specialists in multidisciplinary field of applied biosciences. On the basis of four strands’ modules (in Healthcare Biotechnology, Food Biotechnology, Agrobiotechnology and Environmental Biotechnology) the program aims to equip students with the fundamental knowledge in core disciplines of biosciences such as Genomics; Microbial Techniques; Applied Toxicology; Principles of Biosecurity; Legislative, Ethical and Commercial Principles of Biosciences, as well as in specialized areas of Healthcare Biotechnology, Food Biotechnology, Agrobiotechnology and Environmental Biotechnology;
- Produce qualified specialists with the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding in practice; to act adequately in new multidisciplinal environment; to handle complex problems by means of innovative original approaches; to conduct independent research by using modern approaches and techniques;
- Produce graduates who have a range of core skills including: the ability to formulate judgements with incomplete or limited information, reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities; the ability to extract, critically analyze, and innovatively synthesize information; the ability to communicate the data and conclusions to specialist and nonspecialist audiences clearly and unambiguously; learning skills to continue to study in a manner that may be largely self-directed or autonomous; the ability to evaluate attitude towards values and participate in creation and implementation of new values;
- Contribute in the students’ personal development ( communication, language knowledge, etc) and their involvement to the scientific-research, as well as social activities including participations at conferences, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, etc.
- Prepare qualified specialists with the knowledge and skills suitable for: subject-related career in research, teaching or management in educational and research institutions, industry or government agencies; general careers with the emphasis on non-subject-specific skills or to continue more advanced studies.
The graduates of the program have a wide range of employment opportunities. The potential employers of the MSc Applied Biosciences graduates include scientific research laboratories, clinical laboratories and diagnostic centres, pharmacological and pharmaceutical companies, analytical services, agroindustry, food processing, supply, safe and sale services, etc. Along with the subjectrelated career in research, teaching or management in industry or government agencies the graduates can follow general careers with the emphasis on non-subject-specific skills.
- Healthcare Biotechnology
- Food Biotechnology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Microbial Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University and/or in Georgia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree diploma (or qualifications recognised as equivalent) in a relevant field: Biology, Applied Biology/Biosciences, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences, Biomedicine, Medicine, Healthcare, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Psychology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Agrarian/Agricultural Sciences who had at least 15 ECTS credits in Biological disciplines.
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree diploma (or qualifications recognised as equivalent) who have passed Minor Programs in Biology or Applied Biology/Biosciences.
- To be admitted to the Engish-language programme Georgian Citizens should pass the Unified Master’s exam and the exam in General Biology.
- The enrollment of the foreign nationals and the people without citizenship is regulated by the legislation from the Georgian Ministry of Education and Science.
Living costs for Tbilisi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.