Project management is universally accepted as a scarce skill. Proficient project managers are in high demand. It is therefore completely understandable that Fortune Magazine identified project management as the number one career choice.
This PGDip is the only qualification of its kind delivered by a business school in South Africa. Passed at a certain level, it can provide access to an MBA.
This internationally accredited Project Management course at Stellenbosch University focuses on the business management of projects. This will allow you to confidently manage and contextualise projects in a competitive business. It is the only qualification of its kind delivered by a business school in South Africa.
The programme content is covered from a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary perspective that will help you to understand and manage the complex challenges faced by top-level project managers. A natural progression after completing the PGDip PM will be to consider our MBA with the Project Management focal area. This qualification capacitates managers to deal with project strategy on portfolio and sponsorship level.
This postgraduate programme requires high-level engagement with theoretical frameworks and international literature, and reflection on national and international project management practices. Among others, students will be asked to formulate recommendations that indicate critical thinking.
- Understanding the World
- Responsible Leadership
- Managing of Projects
- Project Communication Management
- Project Procurement Contracting
- Project Scheduling
- Project Integration Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Modular: February
- Blended: January
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies View 95 other Masters in Management Studies in South Africa
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Stellenbosch University and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Academic qualifications: At least a relevant BTech, Bachelor’s or Honours degree
- Work experience: A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a project management position in an organisation
- Selection test: SHL selection test. This test is done online.
- Essay: You need to write an essay.
- Additional documentation: A comprehensive CV indicating your work experience.
- Highly recommended: Mathematical skills equal to NQF Level 4
- Recognition of prior learning
International7690 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7690 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National5398 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5398 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- Students from South Africa: R 94 000
- International students from the rest of the world - YR1: R 133 905 YR2: R 173 810
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.