You will learn how to design and implement African-driven solutions, and how to shape the policies and programmes to make this happen. You will also be exposed to skills that are critical for Africa’s future – such as responsible leadership, the management of risk and uncertainty, and the management of projects.
Although the content of this programme is focused on Africa, the know-how acquired can be applied in any developing country. Over the past five years, students from over 18 countries attended the programme.
This Development Finance course at Stellenbosch University will enable you to work in development finance environments in both the public and private sectors. This PGDip can give you access to the MPhil Development Finance, MBA (generalist and Project Management streams), and MPhil Management Coaching.
This programme provides skills to managers in the development finance environment to enable them implement and manage the design and financing of interventions that will help to grow South Africa as well as the greater Africa. The programme therefore equips entry-level to mid-level managers with the know-how to:
- Provide financial and operational input in terms of development finance issues
- Identify development projects or policies
- Contribute to the design and implementation of structured policies and interventions to finance development needs, especially in Africa.
The value of this programme also lies in the integration of theory and practice, and in global business knowledge with African contextualisation. Students are provided with comprehensive support throughout the programme.
- Understanding the World
- Responsible Leadership
- Managing of Projects
- Managing Risk and Uncertainty
- Financing for Development
- Financial Analysis and Project Appraisal
- Financing Public Sector Projects
- M&E of Development Projects
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Modular: February
- Blended: January
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 38 other Masters in Accounting in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Stellenbosch University and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Management OR any other three-year Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of relevant experience OR recognition of prior learning.
International7917 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7917 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National5619 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5619 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- Students from South Africa: R 101,520
- International students from the rest of the world - R 143,030
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.