This Management Coaching course at Stellenbosch University will give you the coaching credentials you need to grow the talent of others, transfer knowledge, build relationships, enhance performance and facilitate cultural transformation. But first, it will ask of you to dig deeply and to find out what it is that drives you as a coach and then to develop your authentic coaching style.
The programme is presented in blended learning format, which means you can start generating an income from coaching almost immediately.
A transformative learning experience awaits you – particularly if you see your future self as a coach, consultant, manager or corporate leader.
The learning philosophy of the MPhil Management Coaching is based on the integration of theory and practice, finding your authentic coaching style, international application with local specialisation, practical experience and extensive support. The programme has a strong ethical and responsibility underpinning, which will enable you to become a values-driven leader through coaching.
You will learn from knowledgeable presenters, and capitalise on the thought leadership of local experts who were pioneers in the field of management coaching in this country. Today, most of these presenters play leading roles in the continued development of coaches worldwide. In addition, only a small number of people worldwide have doctoral degrees in coaching. A number of them facilitate and assess on this degree.
You will also benefit from comprehensive support throughout the programme. The degree emphasises the relevance of work-based coaching competence.
- The two-year MPhil Management Coaching provides you with the skills to establish your credentials as a management coach.
- This is a blended learning programme that allows you to study while you work. This format combines on-campus blocks (one at start of Year 1 and one start of Year 2) with blended learning classes (15 weeks of once-a-week classes spread over Year 1). Year 2 is mostly taken up by the Research Module, which consists of live-streamed lectures and assignments culminating in a research assignment. This allows you to study while you work with minimum time away from work.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Stellenbosch University and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An honours degree, OR a four-year professional bachelor’s degree, OR a three-year bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate diploma. Candidates’ previous academic qualifications should be at least on NQF Level 8.
International8439 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16879 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
National7017 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14035 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Students from South Africa: R253,568
- International students from the rest of the world: R304,958
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.