- Explore a specialist area of study as you conduct a substantial project in an area that interests you
- Study a range topics including dynamical systems, mathematical biology, weather and climate modelling, probability and stochastics, mathematical analysis, and number theory
- Graduate with a wide range of career opportunities which could involve mathematical reasoning, modelling and computational analysis and benefit from our links with the insurance industry and weather services
- You can progress your studies to PhD level, as this Masters covers both fundamental and specialist advanced mathematics.
The University of Exeter has an established reputation of training tomorrow's great minds to a high standard, so when it comes to life after graduation you can be confident that you are starting your next professional adventure in a prime, leading position. All programmes are designed so you not only get a second to none education in your area of choice, but you also are equipped with the correct vocational skills to achieve success in the working world or in further study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Functional Analysis
- Methods for Stochastics and Finance
- Analysis and Computation for Finance
- Fractal Geometry
- Mathematical Theory of Option Pricing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 262 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Exeter and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normally a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in a mathematics, science or engineering subject, with significant mathematics content.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK fees per year:
- £5,500 part-time
- £12,500 part-time
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.