About Orthotics and Prosthetics at University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences
The Department of Orthotics and Prosthetics was established within the University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation sciences (USWR) in 1992. The department is located in USWR in the northern part of Tehran, Iran.
Considering the high prevalence of physical and motor disabilities and its spreads among different age groups, orthotics and prosthetics becomes a necessary part of managing patients with disabilities. This program would trains students with skills and knowledge to become orthopedic technicians. Orthopedic technicians deal with musculoskeletal injuries in various therapeutic areas such as surgical hospitals or private clinics. Applying, adjusting, and removing casts, splints and braces and also they have a significant role in educating patients taking care of themselves with application of these devices.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Health Sciences View 31 other Masters in Biology in Iran
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences and/or in Iran, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- USWR’s admission process is dependent on the student’s academic history. Some of our courses might have additional requirements to access a course. A panel of qualified academics will examine the students’ competencies and their adherence to the USWR philosophy to ensure that the admission process is both fair and beneficial to the students and the faculty.
- Students who wish to enroll in one of our courses must fill up the application forms which are available online and submit these forms before the given deadlines. Financial plans should be done via our international office. High school diplomas or equivalents must be submitted. Please note that all documents must be translated into English and validated by an academically approved agency.
Living costs for Tehran
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.