They have thorough knowledge and understanding of the literature, culture and the social and political systems of English-speaking countries, including Great Britain, Ireland and Canada, the major trends and research fields of modern theoretical and applied linguistics and their results that mainly apply to the English language.
They can apply the acquired knowledge in the business sector, the media, education, diplomacy, at institutions engaged in international relations, in tourism, the publishing sector, tender agencies, local, regional and national government offices and, in general, in the cultural public sphere. They are prepared to pursue studies in doctoral degree programs.
- carrying out tasks and filling positions that require special expertise and education; conceptual and abstract thinking; and practical skills in the field of English Studies,
- pursuing their profession in theory and practice in an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary manner,
- independent research,
- carrying out independent scholarly work and publishing original studies on the culture, history and literature of English-speaking nations and the English language,
- mediating between English-speaking and Hungarian-speaking cultures at a high level in cultural, economic, political, etc. areas,
- transmitting knowledge pertaining to the English language, English-speaking cultures and societies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The System of English in a Historical Perspective
- Research Methodology
- Current Issues in Literary and Cultural Studies
- Individual Differences in SLA
- A Cultural History of Literary Genres in Britain
- Metaphor and Thought
- The Gothic and Fantastic in English Literature
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 8 other Masters in Literature in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Pécs and/or in Hungary, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of BA diploma in English Studies (major or minor) - with transcript of records
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1900 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Application fee: EUR 140
Living costs for Pécs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.