The Literacy program at Missouri State University is designed for those currently in the teaching field or those interested in furthering their education in the field of literacy. The courses within the program cover a variety of topics, from early literacy development to content area literacy, as well as assessment in literacy and instruction for diverse learners.
- Candidates will be able to apply the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) content standards to the field of Literacy.
- Candidates will be able to apply the International Reading Association (IRA), Standards for Literacy Professionals (2010), to all aspects of their instructional practices.
- Candidates will be able to apply the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) standards to the field of Literacy.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate professional knowledge, dispositions, and skills in literacy pedagogy.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate high proficiency in working with students of all ethnicities, racial backgrounds, and other diversities for those who struggle in literacy development.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate high proficiency in using technology during instruction, as needed, to support student learning.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate professional communication skills with students, colleagues, and families of students.
- Successful Classroom Communities to Enhance Student Learning
- Analysis and Correction of Difficulties in Literacy
- Techniques of Responsive Support in the Literacy Classroom
- Relationship of Language to Literacy and Intellectual Development
- Assessment Procedures for the Literacy Specialist
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 624 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Admission decisions and assignment of an advisor will not be made until all required materials are submitted. A candidate may take up to nine hours as a nondegree-seeking student before being accepted into the program.
- To be considered for admission to the program, a student must first submit a Graduate Application.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work must be submitted.
- Applicants must also submit a letter of intent, which includes the candidate’s teaching and professional goals, future plans, background and teaching experience.
International23200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11600 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11600 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.