Educating our nation's youth is one of the most critical and rewarding jobs available today. The number of teachers required to meet the need of our growing population is projected to increase through 2030, with many positions requiring a master's degree completion within five years. New York may need to hire 180,000 new teachers by 2027, predicts former SUNY Chancellor Emeritus Nancy Zimpher. This looming teacher shortage is expected to impact urban and rural school districts, and foreign languages and STEM subjects the most.
Students can also consider starting with the Curriculum and Instruction advanced certificate program before advancing to the master's program.
Who Should Consider the MA in Curriculum and Instruction?
The Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction from Clarkson University is a 30-credit degree designed for individuals who wish to pursue careers in teaching and education. Consider pursuing this degree if you:
- are preparing for doctoral work in education.
- have met New York State teacher certification requirements as part of your undergraduate work and need a master’s degree to meet professional certification requirements.
- are a Clarkson education student enrolled in a New York State teacher certification track program and have decided not to pursue classroom teaching.
- plan to pursue community college or independent school teaching and who wish to learn more about the field of education and education research.
- Modern Teacher
- Effective Teaching for All Learners
- Literacy Across the Disciplines OR
- TESOL Literacy
- Curriculum and Methods of Teaching Language
- Middle School Students, Structures and Standards
- Middle Adolescence Literacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Teaching View 624 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Online Application Form
- Statement of Purpose.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation.
- Official Transcripts.
- Faculty Interview.
- For International Applicants, an English Proficiency Test is required
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Undergraduate liberal arts core, including courses in humanities/arts, writing/communication, social sciences and math.
International14850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 990 USD per credit during 24 months.
National14850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 990 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.