The International Institute of Islamic Economics at the International Islamic University Islamabad offers this Economics and Finance program. The Institute's aims are:
- To organize teaching of modern economics, Islamic economics, Islamic banking and finance and other related disciplines at Bachelor, Master and Doctoral levels.
- To conduct advance studies & research in the relevant areas and to provide training programs & consultancy services to public and private organizations.
- To promote cooperation with other leading educational and research institutions of east and west, particularly in the Muslim countries, in the field of modern economics, Islamic economics and allied disciplines through seminars, colloquia, conferences, staff and students exchange, scholarships, stipends and bursaries.
- Mathematics for Economics and Finance
- Statistics for Economics and Finance
- Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Theory
- Islamic Economics
- Islamic Banking and Financial Markets
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- International Trade and Finance
- International Development and Finance
- Financial Economics
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- 16 Years Graduate Degree in Economics / Finance with CGPA 2.5/4.00 or 60% marks from Annual/Conventional System where CGPA is not calculated or 65% marks in the semester system examination, where CGPA is not mentioned on terminal degree/transcript.
- Application fee (US $75); attach copy of deposit slip / challan or Bank Draft or Pay Order with application form favoring IIU Islamabad
- Passport size photographs with blue background
- Copy of Passport Residential Permit (Eqama), Overseas ID card, NOC of /o Foreign Affairs or Your Embassy in Pakistan
- Three copies of duly filled government of Pakistani Permission form (Students’ Information Sheet)
- Verified educational documents (all degree/certificates)
- Valid Passport / Valid Study Visa
International686 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 343 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National686 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 343 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Islamabad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.