OutcomesThe graduates completing various programs of the Department of Education at the International Islamic University Islamabad are expected to meet international standards as follows:
- Understand the central concepts, tools of inquiry and structures of the discipline they teach and can create meaningful experiences that make these aspects of subject matter meaningful to the students.
- Understand how children learn and develop and can provide learning opportunities that support their intellectual, social and personal development.
- Understand how children differ in their approaches to learning and create instructional opportunities that are adapted to diverse-learners.
- Understand and use a variety of instructional strategies to encourage student development of reading, writing, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Use an understanding of individual and group motivation and behavior to create a learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning and self-motivation.
- Use knowledge of effective verbal, non-verbal and media communication techniques to foster active inquiry, collaboration and supportive interaction in the class room.
- Plan instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, students, the community, and curriculum goals.
- Understand and use formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual, social and physical development of the learners.
- Be reflective practitioners who continually evaluate the effects of their choices and actions on others and who actively seek opportunity to grow professionally.
- Foster relationships with school, colleagues, parents and agencies in the larger community to support student learning and wellbeing.
- Philosophy of Education
- Educational Psychology
- Curriculum Development
- Classroom Assessment
- Educational Research
- School Management
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- 16 Years Graduate Degree in MA/M.Ed/BS (Education) with CGPA 2.5/4.00 or 60% marks from Annual/Conventional System where CGPA is not calculated or 65% marks in the semester system examination, where CGPA is not mentioned on terminal degree/transcript.
- Application fee (US $75); attach copy of deposit slip / challan or Bank Draft or Pay Order with application form favoring IIU Islamabad
- Passport size photographs with blue background
- Copy of Passport Residential Permit (Eqama), Overseas ID card, NOC of /o Foreign Affairs or Your Embassy in Pakistan
- Three copies of duly filled government of Pakistani Permission form (Students’ Information Sheet)
- Verified educational documents (all degree/certificates)
- Valid Passport / Valid Study Visa
International516 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 258 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National516 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 258 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Islamabad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.