The Department of Media and Communication Studies at the International Islamic University Islamabad provides a unique blend of practical skills with critical analysis. The innovative type of education program aims at developing each student’s creative abilities.
The courses are designed to meet existing professional standards as well as exploring ways in which creative ideas and new technologies can be combined, enhanced and redefined. There are also courses aimed at media professionals and graduates seeking to build management carrier within the growing media and content industries.
- Print & Electronic Media: editors, columnists, correspondents (at national and international level) news analysts, online news editors, anchors, program producers, photojournalists, proofreaders, reporters and freelance writers (newspapers, periodicals and magazines) and academicians.
- Positions: In public relations departments (public and private sectors) federal and provincial information departments, news agencies, advertising agencies (copy-writers), business organizations, research institutions, media teaching institutions, consultants, NGOs and a host of other organizations.
Specializations offered in this course include:
- Print Media
- Electronic Media Production
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Communication Research and Theory
- Organizational Management and Communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 11 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Pakistan
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at International Islamic University Islamabad and/or in Pakistan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 16 Years Graduate Degree in (BS) (Mass Communication) or MA / M.Sc with CGPA 2.5/4.00 or 60% marks from Annual/Conventional System where CGPA is not calculated or 65% marks in the semester system examination, where CGPA is not mentioned on terminal degree/transcript.
- Application fee (US $75); attach copy of deposit slip / challan or Bank Draft or Pay Order with application form favoring IIU Islamabad
- Passport size photographs with blue background
- Copy of Passport Residential Permit (Eqama), Overseas ID card, NOC of /o Foreign Affairs or Your Embassy in Pakistan
- Three copies of duly filled government of Pakistani Permission form (Students’ Information Sheet)
- Verified educational documents (all degree/certificates)
- Valid Passport / Valid Study Visa
International556 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 278 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National556 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 278 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Islamabad
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.