Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations from Harvard University focuses on the histories, literatures, philosophy, religious thought, and legal institutions of Muslim societies. Its primary strength lies in the coverage of a broad range of fields of study in pre-modern and modern periods, particularly with regard to Islamic civilizations in the Near and Middle East.
Students at Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations from Harvard University will:
- familiarize themselves with the resources and personnel of the Center for Middle Eastern Studies (CMES).
- learn about collection of ancient and medieval artifacts representing many of the cultures of the Middle and Near East.
- Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- Histories and Cultures of Muslim Societies
- Jewish History and Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 310 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- GRE General: Required
- Writing Sample: Required
- Letters of Recommendation
- English Proficiency
- Standardized Tests
International52456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52456 USD per year during 12 months.
National52456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52456 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.