Computational Science and Engineering from Harvard University is an exciting and rapidly evolving field that exploits the power of computation as an approach to major challenges at the frontiers of natural and social science and all engineering fields. Sitting at the intersection of Computer Science and Applied Math, the master’s program offers students experience with mathematical techniques for modeling and simulation of complex systems; parallel programming and collaborative software development; and methods for organizing, exploring, visualizing, processing and analyzing very large data sets.
Students at Computational Science and Engineering from Harvard University will:
Frame a real-world problem such that it can be addressed computationally
Evaluate multiple computational approaches to a problem and choose the most appropriate one
Produce a computational solution to a problem that can be comprehended and used by others
Communicate across disciplines
Collaborate within teams
Model systems appropriately with consideration of efficiency, cost, and the available data
Use computation for reproducible data analysis
- Advanced Scientific Computing: Numerical Methods
- Advanced Scientific Computing: Stochastic Methods for Data Analysis, Inference and Optimization
- Computing for Computational Science
- Systems Development for Computational Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 519 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Harvard University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online application form
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation submitted electronically
- Transcripts; please upload copies of all transcripts to the Academic Background section of the online application; unofficial copies are acceptable.
- C.V. or Resume
- If required, an official TOEFL or IELTS score report. The school code to use to submit your TOEFL score is 3451.
- The application fee of $105.00
- Supplemental Data form
International52456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52456 USD per year during 12 months.
National52456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52456 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.