UMD’s Department of Geographical Sciences is recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in geopatial research and education. Similarly, NNU’s School of Cartography and Geographic Information Systems is one of China’s most prestigious centers for geospatial research.
The courses of the Geospatial Information Sciences program at University of Maryland cover spatial analysis, statistics, programming, databases, modeling, remote sensing, Internet GIS, Mobile GIS, and Open Source GIS. This program is administered with Nanjing Normal University.
- All courses are scheduled in the evenings to accommodate working professionals.
- All courses are offered in traditional classrooms or GIS labs and simultaneously broadcast online.
- The online teaching is interactive and dynamic through WebEx, very much like sitting in a real classroom.
- Entire lectures (lecture slides, presentations, and Q&A interactions) are video-archived for reviewing.
- Spatial Statistics
- Digital Image Processing and Analysis
- Spatial Analysis
- Advanced Programming for GIS
- GIS and Spatial Modeling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 53 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Maryland and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Supplementary Application
- Description of Research/Work Experience (optional)
International62490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2083 USD per credit during 12 months.
National62490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2083 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State33750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1125 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.