At Divinity from Harvard University students study their own faith tradition (and many others) alongside students from different traditions and backgrounds. Students who consider themselves “spiritual but not religious,” atheist, agnostic, or have embarked on their own spiritual formation, are a welcome and large segment of the HDS master of divinity cohort.
Students at Divinity from Harvard University will leave with knowledge and experience that prepare them to:
- serve within a religious community,
- explore spiritually formative intellectual work,
- evaluate and act on the needs and questions of religious and other communities,
- speak with both a pastoral and a public voice in many different settings.
Ministries in social service, hospital, and prison chaplaincy
Interfaith ministry on college campuses
Teaching and scholarship
Writing and journalism
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 300 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
- Submitted online application form
- $25 application fee or approved waiver
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Complete academic history with transcripts for all coursework taken for credit
- Three letters of recommendation (submitted electronically through our online application system)
- Statement of purpose—1,000 words
- Writing sample—1,000–1,500 words
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Optional: GRE General Test Scores
International30472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30472 USD per year during 36 months.
National30472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30472 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.