A degree in Computer Science - Data Science and Artificial Intelligence at the University of Antwerp corresponds with a competent professional with a scientific background. After obtaining the degree you will be able to
- adopt new technological developments in the respective disciplines within computer science
- exploit these developments where applicable in their professional context
- when required, make original contributions to the further development of the discipline
It is our ambition to offer a unique programme, which is based on recommendations from renowned scientific organisations such as the ACM, IEEE and SIAM. Our programme emphasises deep knowledge and sufficient flexibility and as such our graduates are highly demanded in both industrial as well as academic positions.
- In a corporate organisation you can work as a technology consultant, software designer, system developer, software architect, software analyst, web designer and developer, project leader, industrial researcher, …
- Many computer scientists end up in the Research and Development departments of industrial organisations (both large and small) to address technological challenges of all kinds.
- Your background allows you to deal with fast changing environments; which is a necessary prerequisite for project management positions.
- A scientific career in academia where you think about in depth problems of computer science. Together with other scientists and companies you work inside European or international projects on a variety of disciplines.
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Computer and network security
- Database systems
- Information retrieval
- Modelling of software-intensive systems
- Data mining
- Reinforcement Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 12 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- academic bachelor of Information Sciences
- academic bachelor of Computer Science
- academic bachelor of Engineering Sciences: Computer Science
After permission from the faculty
- other academic bachelors
The programme is taught in English and an academic level of proficiency in this language is imperative.
International5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5800 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA979 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 979 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Antwerpen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.