Biomedical Research (Microbiome in Health and Disease) from Imperial College London integrates chemical, biological and physiological aspects in a unified approach.
You will acquire an understanding of modern molecular and cell science in world class biomedical research laboratories through both theory and practical exposure. You will also demonstrate practical dexterity in both commonly employed and more advanced practical techniques.
Our MRes in Biomedical Research is designed for students looking to pursue a career in biomedical research, whether in academia, industry or government. The overwhelming majority of graduates, who have wanted to continue on to PhD study, have done so.
The course will equip you with the key skills needed to plan, conduct, publish and obtain funding for successful research.
The programme offers training in a vast array of laboratories across the Faculty of Medicine (approximately 700 world leading research groups) and an opportunity to learn from leaders in the field.
- General Biomedical Research
- Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care
- Bacterial Pathogenesis and Infection
- Data Science
- Epidemiology, Evolution and Control of Infectious Diseases
- Microbiome in Health and Disease
- Molecular Basis of Human Disease
- Respiratory and Cardiovascular Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Most postgraduate courses remain open until they are full, so make sure you apply in good time. UK and non-visa nationals have the same deadline.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Educational Research View 275 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- Our minimum requirement is a 2.1 degree in an appropriate subject.
- All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
- To show how you qualify for the course(s) you are applying for, you will need to provide information about the higher qualifications you have achieved or which you’re currently studying.
- You will need to provide the names of two suitable referees. One must be an academic reference, the second referee may be another academic referee, or where appropriate/relevant, a professional referee.
- Personal statement
- Application fee
International37800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National17600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.