About Molecular Biophysics and Structural Biology at University of Pittsburgh
The Molecular Biophysics & Structural Biology (MBSB) PhD Graduate Program is an adventure that brings together faculty across the Dietrich School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh as well as faculty of various departments at Carnegie Mellon University. It aims to provide a fertile and collaborative research and learning experience to its students, and has allowed current and previous students to explore a range of fascinating research topics.
Research conducted by faculty of the graduate program covers a diverse range of topics in Molecular Biophysics and Structural Biology. Areas of study are focused on understanding fundamental principles involved in reactions and interactions in biological systems.
- NMR spectroscopy
- X-ray crystallography
- cryo electron microscopy
- atomic force microscopy
- mass spectrometry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences View 1248 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Pittsburgh and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A statement of purpose that addresses your specific interests and/or expertise in Molecular Biophysics and/or Structural Biology. Please indicate as specifically as possible the area of research you wish to pursue.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation from persons with a detailed knowledge of the student’s research and/or academic background and potential for independent research. At least one letter must be from a research mentor/advisor of your current undergraduate or graduate program.
- Transcripts for all college-level institutions attended.
- Applicants who are citizens of countries where English is not the official language (and the Province of Quebec in Canada) are required to submit evidence of English language proficiency
- The application fee is $50.
International47104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47104 USD per year during 12 months.
National47104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47104 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State29396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29396 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.