About Microbiology and Immunology at University of Pittsburgh
The program aims to train highly motivated PhD students as self-reliant scholars in an environment where they have ready access to the breadth of expertise, approaches, and sub-disciplines. Students in this program will gain broad knowledge of diverse fields within microbiology and immunology which is supplemented by seminars, journal clubs and laboratory rotations. The program rapidly immerses students into a research environment, and mentors them to become independent and creative scientists.
The Program in Microbiology and Immunology brings together faculty in basic and translational sciences, including researchers from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Magee-Women’s Research Institute, Rangos Research Center at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Center, and the University of Pittsburgh Dietrich School of Art and Sciences Department of Biological Sciences.
- Principles of Microbiology and Immunology
- Comprehensive Immunology
- Comprehensive Microbiology
- Biomedical Ethics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Immunology View 39 other Masters in Immunology in United States
- A baccalaureate degree in a biological or physical science or in mathematics, computer science or engineering.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.2 (on a scale of 4) or its equivalent from an accredited institution. If you need to convert your grades to the GPA system, please follow these instructions.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation. Letters from faculty familiar with the applicant's research accomplishments are of particular value to the evaluation process.
- Applicants who are citizens of countries where English is not the official language (and the Province of Quebec in Canada) are required to submit evidence of English language proficiency
International42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 36 months.
National42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24962 USD per year during 36 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,003 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $1,728 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.