The curriculum designed is to assist the students in understanding the vital concept of fundamentals involved in the structure determination through various Molecular Biology, Biochemical and Cell Biology experimental methods with practical hands-on training in the usage of Bioinformatics tools for Drug Discovery.
At the end of the Bioinformatics program at Alagappa University, the student will gain in-depth knowledge in Bioinformatics and play an active role in biological research, government or non-government organization, and private sectors.
- To train the students in various Molecular Biology experimental methods that aids the students to perform related Structural Biology techniques (Cloning, Expression, Purification & Crystallization) to isolate the protein of interest skillfully through laboratory practical.
- To emphasize on the flexibility of the state of the art technologies available especially in the area of Computer Aided Drug Design (CADD) and provide lab training to know how to manage the generated Biological data.
- To address the challenges arising from the huge amount of genomic data and to overcome by analyzing and individualizing the corresponding drug responses towards appropriate drug specified dosages.
- To create user-friendly tools and databases with the help of programming languages and algorithms. Additionally, two journal clubs in a month/ annual national conference/ weekly career guidance(s) are conducted that would help them know about the recent advances in the subject and also develop their knowledge accordingly.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology
- Phylogeny and Phylogenomics
- Molecular Modeling and Drug Design
- Computational Biology
- Programming in Scripting Languages (PYTHON, PERL & R)
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Structural Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Pharmacology View 19 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Alagappa University and/or in India, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Bachelor’s Degree in any Biological Sciences (Bioinformatics, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology etc) / Physics/Chemistry / Agricultural / Veterinary / Fisheries Sciences / Pharmacy / Medicine/ Engineering and Technology or equivalent Degree with at least 55% of marks in Part III.
- Cumulative Statement of Marks / Grade Certificates
- Provisional Certificate
- Transfer Certificate of the qualifying degree
- Community Certificate and Medical Fitness Certificate for verification and return except T.C. and Medical Fitness Certificate)
Two Passport-size photographs
International72 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 72 EUR per year during 24 months.
National36 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36 EUR per year during 24 months.
- tuition fee: ₹3000
- first year total fee: ₹10500
- foreign students: double the tuition fee plus other fee as applicable
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.