The Science Media Production MSc programme from Imperial College London is for people with science, technology or medicine backgrounds, or graduates from other backgrounds with substantial experience in a scientific environment, who want to develop careers communicating science in broadcast media, probably in documentary or other factual programming.
Through both academic and practical taught modules, the course allows a greater focus on broadcast media than the more general MSc in Science Communication.
Instead of an academic dissertation, you will undertake an independent production project.
- The work placement allows you to develop the skills and knowledge gained on the course in the real world of broadcast science communication.
- Placements are set up through the College, although you may also undertake your own initiatives in consultation with the College.
- Documentary Film
- Film Form
- Science and its Social Contexts
- Sound, Sign, Meaning in Radio
- Science Media Production Practical Projects
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- As a guide, visa nationals (overseas applicants) should aim to apply by no later than 30 June.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 337 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- The minimum academic requirement is a 2.1 degree in a scientific or science-related subject.
- A wide variety of international qualifications are accepted.
- All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
- Online application.
- Application fee.
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.