Become a leader in curriculum transformation with Northern Kentucky University’s Education Specialist in Teaching and Leading – Curriculum and Instruction specialist degree. This 100% online program is designed to help you understand and use best practices in learner-centered curriculum and instructional design. Instruction centers on strategies, effective teaching, program evaluation, student assessment, and teacher professional development.
Through research and discussion, you will expand your knowledge of current issues that affect teaching, curriculum, motivation, and student success and apply that knowledge to your practice. Learn from the same dedicated faculty who teach on campus and prepare to improve instructional effectiveness in order to meet the needs of 21st-century learners.
Program Learning Outcomes
In this online Education Specialist program, you will:
- Develop materials and methods for inclusion of students with disabilities in general elementary, middle, and secondary classrooms
- Address principles of cognitive psychology and brain research for the purpose of improving P-12 student learning and motivation with applications to curricula, learning environments, and instructional strategies
- Engage in course projects that emphasize the critical-thinking skills needed to shape schools and school systems to meet the diverse needs of all students
- Learn from real-life scenarios and think critically about ways to drive innovation in school districts and regional, state, and federal education agencies
- Collaboration & Inclusive Practices
- Supervision of Field & Clinical Experience
- Research Based Teaching
- Capstone in Action Research
- Current Trends and Issues in Curriculum and Instruction
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Educational Leadership View 1185 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete online application for admission
- Pay $40 non-refundable application fee
- If you are an NKU alumni or active/veteran military member, your application fee will be waived
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework from accredited institutions. One transcript must show successful completion of master's degree in education or in the content area of the applicant's teaching certificate.
- A copy of the applicant's Kentucky teaching certificate showing certification at the Rank 2 level, or out-of-state equivalent
- Supplemental application
International8320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12480 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National8320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12480 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.