Fashion changes every day. Your education should be ahead of the trends.Hands-on research is the core of our apparel product development and merchandising technology program. You won't just study developments after they happen — you'll work with manufacturers and retailers to bring them to life.That may mean working with Cotton Incorporated on a virtual selling space; or helping Lululemon test thermal fabrics with one of our sensor-equipped manikins; or putting Polartec fabric through its paces while filming runners with infrared cameras.This collaborative approach is an integral part of our program. It means that when you graduate, you'll have the experiences that will make you competitive in the labor market.
You'll gain much of that experience in on-campus labs featuring technology you'll be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. We're the only university in Michigan to have a 3D body scanner. And we're the first public university in the Midwest to have a MakerBot 3D Printing Innovation Center.
As a student in the Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Technology major from Central Michigan University, you:
- Solve real-world problems for corporate clients at our Center for Merchandising and Design Technology. Use 3D printers, body scanners, a thermotron chamber, thermal manikins, and more.
- Get a jump start on grad school with our accelerated master's program. You can earn two degrees in just five years, putting you on a fast track to a career or a Ph.D. program.
- Scholarship in Textiles and Clothing
- Merchandising Technology
- Apparel Product Development
- Research Methods
- Graduate Elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1831 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Along with the application, you’ll need to submit a $50 application fee
- Submit a copy of your passport
- Submit proof of English proficiency or your intent to study English upon arrival – unless you are from an exempted country where English is the primary language of instruction.
- You also may demonstrate English proficiency by completing the English studies program through CMU's English Language Institute.
- Applicants must provide a third-party course-by-course credential evaluation and document verification
International13875 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 24 months.
National10890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State10890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Mount Pleasant
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.