At the School Psychology Specialist program from Central Michigan University, you'll work with students from every facet of society, with all the challenges that brings — but the work is intensely rewarding. It's one reason why U.S. News & World Report ranks it the second-best social service job.Only 8 to 10 students are admitted each year into this competitive program. We want our schools to reflect all of society, which is why we encourage students from diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply.By the time you finish this program, you'll be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Psychological and educational foundations.
- Research methods.
- Psychological and educational assessment.
- Intervention strategies.
- Professional school psychology.
This program's core faculty have expertise in autism, pediatrics, interventions and other areas. You'll come to know your faculty as mentors as you become a valued member of our teaching community.
The specialist program is approved conditionally by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). As a student, you will:
- Gain on-the-job experience from a full-time internship during your third year.
- Participate in service and gain experience with student groups such as Student Affiliates in School Psychology (SASP) and DeafBlind Central.
- Be eligible for Michigan's School Psychologist Certification and NASP's National Certification.
- Advanced Intellectual Assessment
- Assessment and Development of Academic Skills I
- Assessment and Intervention for Developmental Disabilities
- Statistics in Psychology
- Teaching Diverse Students in Educational Settings
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 1301 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Central Michigan University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Along with the application, you’ll need to submit a $50 application fee
- Submit a copy of your passport
- Submit proof of English proficiency or your intent to study English upon arrival – unless you are from an exempted country where English is the primary language of instruction.
- You also may demonstrate English proficiency by completing the English studies program through CMU's English Language Institute.
- Applicants must provide a third-party course-by-course credential evaluation and document verification
International21583 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 36 months.
National16940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State16940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Mount Pleasant
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.