About Health and Wellness Management at University of Pittsburgh
Courses focus on applying evidence-based behavioral strategies to interactions with health-fitness participants and patient populations in order to enhance engagement, adherence, and the sustainability of lifestyle behaviors related to health. The program will include the development of strategic management skills for interacting with patients, enhancing organizational compliance, working with patients, and improving the listening skills of health coaches. The skills are applicable specifically to the health-fitness and healthcare settings.
As health and wellness employment opportunities are increasing, this dual-degree option expands the level of training of students and will build on their experience and knowledge in both the health-fitness and the business management fields. As a result, students will be prepared to transition to leadership positions (i.e. cardiac rehabilitation directors, health and wellness directors, YMCA directors, etc.).
CareersManagement and business careers in health and wellness settings (e.g., cardiac rehabilitation directors, health and wellness directors, YMCA directors, etc.).
- BEHAVIOR CHANGE AND HEALTH COACHING
- HEALTH AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROMOTION AND MARKETING
- MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY IN HEALTH AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND HEALTH
- PSYCHOSOCIAL ASPECTS OF HEALTH
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Rolling admissions with priority given to applications received by January 15 for all applicable graduate assistantships.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 2114 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications are submitted through the Pitt Education Online Application Form
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) to be paid by credit card
- Your online application must include (a.) a Goal statement, (b.) your resume or curriculum vita, and (c.) contact information for three academic or professional contacts to later be invited to provide letters of recommendation
- The instructions for your goal statement are as follows: "Please share your reasons for pursuing a degree at the University of Pittsburgh School of Education, focusing on your long-term goals and how your academic program will help you achieve those goals. Include any aspects of your experience, skills, and background which may aid the admission committee in evaluating your fit for the program for which you are applying. Your goal statement should be a maximum of 750 words."
International42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 18 months.
National42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24962 USD per year during 18 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,003 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $1,728 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.