Beginning in January 2023, students accepted into specific Ontario Graduate Certificate programs by Humber College, including international students, will be eligible to transition into the one-year transdisciplinary Master of Digital Media (MDM) program by Toronto Metropolitan University.
Designed for students with experience in computer programming, software development or computer science, students of the Artificial Intelligence with Machine Learning program from Humber College learn the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to apply AI models and ML algorithms to a broad range of practical applications including natural language processing, image processing, computer vision and for business decision making. Students will also gain experience in applying AI tools in data analytics and data mining. Technical skills will be complemented by knowledge in regulations, policy and ethics in applying AI technology, as well as project management, communication and teamwork skills.
In the final semester, learners complete an industry-supervised capstone project to solve real-world problems and to showcase skills and knowledge that they have learned in the program. Their projects are showcased at an exhibition event to industry partners, community leaders, faculties and peer students. The program also provides opportunities to engage with a broad community and industry network through guest speakers, network events and applied research in collaboration with industry partners.
Graduates may find employment in a variety of computer-software related fields in the private, corporate, industrial, government or service sectors. Employment opportunities may include positions such as applications analyst, artificial intelligence analyst, artificial intelligence designer, machine learning engineer, data scientist, database developer, software architect, business analyst, AI system developer or machine learning programmer.
The Government of Ontario predicts that the labour market in these fields will continue to grow steadily.
Programme StructureUpon successful completion of the program, a graduate will:
- Design and implement secure artificial intelligence and machine learning software systems and applications using data science, mathematics, data mining principles, algorithms and tools to meet client needs.
- Defend the algorithms and models used to solve problems in artificial intelligence and machine learning projects through clear and accurate written and verbal presentations to stakeholders.
- Comply with corporate policies, ethical standards, and industry and government regulations, in implementing artificial intelligence solutions.
- Evaluate industry trends and emerging technologies in artificial intelligence and machine learning to inform personal and business practices and maintain currency and relevancy in the field.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 34 other Masters in Machine Learning in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma in computer programming, software engineering or computer science.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents with international education are required to provide a WES or ICAS evaluation.
International17618 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17618 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National7139 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7139 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.